Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Face of Sonny

Last week, some of the authors of Silver Publishing began a new segment on our blogs which we call the Silver Flash - and every Wednesday, some of us will be "getting our Flash on", as Ryssa would say.  The roster will probably fluctuate from week to week, as not everyone is participating on a weekly basis, and some will come and go, no doubt.  I hope to stay for a long time, and I'm aiming at weekly for my flashes.

My first story is part of a series I call Yes He's My Ex.  The challenge is to make the prompt work with the new segment of the story.  I think I can do that.  I wanted to show you all the inspiration for my Sonny, what he looks like.


And now here is Tim.


Finding the right picture for a cover, though, isn't as easy as this - I didn't get these guys from any stock photo place, and wouldn't even know how to approach them to seek photo rights.  They're just for my private inspiration.

There are a number of sites that you can search for pictures for covers - eg Dreamstime, iStock, FotoSearch and more.  It's still a difficult process, I know - I'm looking for the main characters for Revelations.  Namely, Judas and Jesus.  When I find them, I'll need to find robes too, no doubt, as I want them fully clothed for the cover.

I'm always open to suggestions for new sites to try, as long as they don't cost an arm and a leg.  For Jesus, I'm seeking someone preferably of Middle Eastern derivation, large dark eyes, either smiling or even pensive. Long hair, but that can also be added.  Judas is blond, blue eyed, also long hair.  Both are lovely men.

So, back to working on my flash, hope you enjoy these glimpses behind the scenes.  Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment