Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas eve is here

Well, Christmas eve day. It's only one o'clock in the afternoon, and there is lots of stuff stirring here. Not  literally, but figuratively. Always keeping busy I am, just the way I like it. Sorry for not writing a full-fledged blog, but I wanted to share my holidays with you, and let you know you're in my thoughts.

Last night, I went out to dinner with Chris and Sarah and Chris' friend Matt. We  went to Hokkaido, which is a buffet which has Chinese and Japanese food, and bbq. It is a great place, we've been a few times. I love their sushi! Apparently they have cotton candy now, but not my thing. I had some Peking duck and a lobster roll, a lot of sushi, two helpings of lo mein, which I love, a scallop - and more! Felt very full, but very happy when we left.

Today, I have the turkey thawing, and I made buckeyes. That's just peanut butter and chocolate balls. Very delicious. Later I'll make my cheese mashed potato casserole for tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm making the turkey with a citrus rosemary rub, and sausage stuffing, the mashed potato casserole, and green bean casserole, and I'm making pumpkin bread and pumpkin pie. It'll be just Chris and Sarah and their dad and I. We plan to watch Die Hard and It's a Wonderful Life - great Christmas movies!

I've been putting in a lot of apps lately, hopefully something will pan out. Even part time. I sent in a resume to be an editor at Silver. We'll see what happens there. I'm loving being an editor at Muse it Up, and I get to work with some great writers. So far, I've loved everything I've edited.

Tomorrow night, on Christmas night, Chef Zakarian will make his debut on Iron Chef. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Much love and warm wishes to everyone, may your holidays be wonderful and safe and filled with love!

Until next time, take care!

♥ Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment