Monday, January 2, 2012

My thoughts on the coming year

Happy New Year to one and all! I'm feeling better today, so it's time to begin again, and plunge into 2012!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.



This year my goal is to focus on what is to come, not on what was. The past is gone. It's the past for a reason. I shall try to follow this mantra to the best of my ability. To live for today, with an eye toward tomorrow. I cannot change some things, and some people, and there's no sense in beating my head against a brick wall.


As I mentioned before, there has been a change in the Flash Fiction. Silver no longer supports us and has forbidden us to use their name or their badge. They've decided to run their own free fiction on the Silver site, and to reward those with contracts for 2012 with the right to join in on their little venture. So be it. However, we aren't rolling over and playing dead by any means. The flash fiction will continue, under a new name, with a new badge. This week we shall probably be nameless. In fact, suggestions for a new name are quite welcome. Also, we welcome other authors who'd like to join us in our flash fiction fun. No longer will we be restricted to one publisher - we welcome all writers, all genres, published or not. You are welcome here.


Moving on.


I am still seeking a job and shall continue to do so. I have my editing and my writing as well, which mean everything to me. And working at conventions. For 2012, right now I have only one convention scheduled - KawaKon, which is in March, here in St. Louis. It's going to be awesome. If you like anime, or Japanese culture. If you are interested in having fun, and dressing up and seeing other people cosplay. If you like to dance the Time Warp, KawaKon is for you! This year we'll be at the Sheraton Westport - a great location with more room! I am co-chairing a panel on Alice in Wonderland, besides running Registration, and I'm running the Rocky Horror, Dr. Horrible and Repo! the Genetic Opera events. Did I mention it'll be fun? It'll be great fun!


I just started to run my Forbidden series at Romance First Publishing. I only had two chapters out before, so soon, there will be new ones. I am working on the third book in my To the Max series, as well as various other WIP's. And still looking for a home for Revelations.


No problem is insurmountable. If you want to, you can do anything. 2012 is going to be a great year. I want to work hard, and still have time for fun and family and friends. I want to be a friend, and help other people as much as I am able. We're all in this together, so let's help one another, shall we?


Thanks for taking the ride with me! It'll be a great one!


Until next time, take care!


♥ Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment