Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wednesday Briefs: No Way Out #26

Good morning and Happy Wednesday! Time really flies when you're having fun, doesn't it? If it's Wednesday, then it's time for more flash fiction from the Wednesday Briefers, isn't it?

Just a reminder that today is the last day I'll post from No Way Out. Next week, I'll be starting something new. So if you want to continue getting new chapters, just let me know. Penumbra, I didn't get your email addy yet, if you'd send that to me, or comment and leave it here. I'll be sending what I've already done, reformatted into actual chapters, with a little editing, plus I have a new chapter ready.

As you'll recall from last week, Shy has been brought into Wyatt's hands for safekeeping - at least for now. He really has no idea what's going on, and at some point he needs to find out. So, how will Wyatt handle the situation? Find out in this week's chapter of No Way Out. Then don't forget to see what the other Briefers are up to. Their links follow my tale. Enjoy!

No Way Out #26


Before he had a chance to ask, the moment passed. Bill turned to him, an oddly serious expression in his eyes. Why was everyone acting so strangely?

“I’m going to be getting along. You’re in good hands now, I can see that. You take care, Shy. And if you ever need... No, I think you won’t, will you?” He shook his head, as if to clear it. But his words made no sense to Shy. “I hope we meet again some time. Just not there.” He stepped toward Shy and briefly patted his shoulder, before moving on to the other two men in the room, shaking their hands.

“Thanks again,” Wyatt said. “For everything.”

Once Bill had gone, Wyatt returned and knelt before Shy. “Are you hungry? Would you like something to drink? Are you tired? Maybe you’d like to go to sleep?”

Sleep? Shy didn’t think he was tired yet. But he had things to do.

“I should go home now.” He patted his pants leg, as a sudden thought struck him, producing a frown. These weren’t his pants. No, how could they be? He’d not been wearing any when they’d gone to the club. Only a coat. And a cock ring. Where was his coat? He didn’t care about the cock ring. Didn’t care if he saw it again.

No, not true. If he lost it, then there’d be hell to pay.

“Shitfuck.”

“What’s the matter, Shy?”

Wyatt’s voice was warm, like melted butter. Almost a verbal caress. Shy pushed the thought aside.

“I don’t have my keys. How’m I going to get in the house? I have to get in. I have to. I just have to...” The panic was beginning to overtake him now. Just the thought of what Randy would do... He released a small whimper, rising unsteadily to his feet. “I have to go,” he kept repeating, as if by saying it the magic number of times, his wish would come true.
* * * *
It took superhuman effort on Wyatt’s part not to grab Shy and hug him to his bosom. He wanted to comfort him so badly, but Lukas’ words still echoed in his ears. He bit his bottom lip until he couldn’t stand the pain and desisted.

It was hard, though, no shit. He could feel Shy’s panic overtake him, and he knew what the problem was. He wanted to go back before Randy got there, afraid he’d be beaten for being absent, or whatever other bullshit reason Grant might think of to punish him with. Shy hadn’t comprehended yet that Randy was not coming home. Not tonight, anyway.

What could he do to relieve Shy’s anxiety?

Shy’s big blue eyes were pulling at his heart. He turned to Lukas, His mentor’s expression was one of warning.

“I could probably get him inside...” He pitched his voice deliberately low, for Lukas’ ears alone. He was thinking ahead. He could break out a window; there were plenty of those, and he could repair the damage before Grant ever returned. He didn’t like the idea, but if it gave Shy peace of mind...

Lukas shook his head. “I know what you’re thinking and that won’t work. Don’t you think that house has a security alarm? You’ll just set it off, and not do yourself any good in the process...”

“Surely Shy knows the code—”

“Honey, I don’t think he knows much of anything right now, to be honest.”

Lukas was undoubtedly right. Shy seemed to be living in another world entirely. He had no idea what was really happening around him.

Well, that worked out, as Wyatt hadn’t really wanted to take him there, to leave him alone in that horrible place. And he had no doubt that it was a horrible place, just from the little he’d heard.

Okay, Wyatt, time to show a little maturity and deal with the situation.

“Shy...” He touched his shoulder, softly, but didn’t linger, waiting a moment for an adverse reaction. There was none. One hurdle crossed. Best not to push his luck, though. “Why don’t you stay here tonight? 

Tomorrow we’ll see about getting you into the house, how does that sound?”

Shy gave him a blank look.

Wyatt held in his sigh of frustration. How could he reach him? How? Most importantly, how could he do it without hurting him?

What was he doing wrong? Maybe the problem was that Shy wasn’t used to making any decisions on his own. Undoubtedly, Grant did that for him. And with what Shy had been through, he was doubly unequipped to handle choices.

Well, then, Wyatt would have to do that for him. At least for now.

He rose to his feet, careful not to brush against Shy in any way; he didn’t want to spook him.

“Come with me into the kitchen. We’ll find something good,” he said, keeping his voice firm, but as gentle as he knew how. To his surprise, Shy made no argument and stood up from the couch. So far, so good.

He darted a glance at Lukas. His mentor gave him a nod of approval, saying nothing. Wyatt understood. The ball was most definitely in his court now.

Wyatt headed toward the hallway that led to the kitchen. He forced himself not to look back, trusting that Shy would follow him. Now he knew how Orpheus felt when making the long trip back from Hades, with the love of his life, Eurydice, trailing behind. And why he couldn’t resist turning to make sure she was really there. And then he lost her.

He didn’t intend to lose Shy. Even if his common sense argued that Shy was not his to lose. He wanted him to be, though. Oh, how he wanted him to be.

The journey from the living room to the kitchen had never felt so long. He opened the door to the pantry, and only then did he dare to look.

Shy stood there, patiently waiting.

to be continued



Until next time, take care!

♥ Julie

19 comments:

  1. Please don't take Shy away from me :( You know I love that boy and all the terrible things you do to him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to keep reading!
    Sebrewster@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way Wyatt is so protective of Shy - too the point of denying himself. And the reference to the Orpheus legend as great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to keep reading please. I really like this story.
    writingrambles @ gmail. com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to go back and find this post and saw your message. Here is my email addy:

    penumbrareads(at)gmail(dot)com

    I'm really enjoying this story :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please add me to the list! I can't wait to read what happens. :o)
    pat0804@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please add me to the list too. I've really be enjoying this story and look forward to it every week.
    sstrode at scrtc dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. please add me to the list I love this story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry didn't give you my email. msmiggie58@yahoo.com

      Delete
    2. You are now on the list! Glad you're enjoying the story!

      Delete
  9. Oh no! I've been unable to be online for awhile, and am now catching up.. is it too late to be added to the Shy's Followers list? I really like the story so far, and am curious to see how things turn out for Shylor and Wyatt.
    Scottie

    scotrik1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know this is really late but I just came across this story and would love to know what happens... are you still able to email the remaining story?
    xxnothing13xx@yahoo.com
    Jes

    ReplyDelete