Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A few random thoughts on my birthday and a Happy Birthday Blast!



It's hard to believe a year has passed and I'm another year older. I don't feel much different. We all have
aches and pains, but nothing major.  But there you go, passed it has and I'm a step closer to being sixty, although not there yet.



Sixty seems forbidding, but is it really? It's just a number, like any other.

So, how has this past year been? It's had its ups and downs, but on the whole I have to say I'm in a better place than I was on my last birthday. I have a more solid temporary job which might very well lead to a better position. This year, I got ripped off by another publisher (No Boundaries), but on the plus side, I was accepted by Torquere and eXtasy and published with both, Dreamspinner took a novella which comes out next year and Prizm picked up the Southern Comfort series that No Boundaries orphaned.  Plus, I was able to successfully sub When Will I See You Again to Amber Quill, after a nameless publisher sat on it for eight months, after repeatedly telling me I'd get an answer soon. Their loss.

Life isn't perfect - when is it ever? - but it's good, and I'm grateful for what I have and I'm happy with who I am.

So, let's celebrate, shall we? And the best way I  know how to celebrate is by having a giveaway!









I propose to give away two print copies of Revelations, and three ebooks. What do you have to do, you ask? It's simple! Follow my blog and comment on this post. Tell me something you've learned about me by reading any of my posts over the past year, whether it's as simple as what actor or actors I crush on, what I think of certain TV shows, or my newest historical obsession.



I'll pick the winners a week from tomorrow!

So, come on and let's party hearty!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie. Hope you had a great birthday. :) I haven't followed your blog for long. But I do know from personal experience that you answer emails to the best of your ability. You seem like a nice and caring individual who makes her guest bloggers feel right at home. It's nice to have an author who actually cares about their readers. I wish you all the best in your success. Please enter me in the ebook (pdf format) giveaway. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete