Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #4: Ten Authors I REALLY want to meet

Wow, what a great topic, how could I not do this one? I can't! By the way, this Top Ten Tuesday stuff is lots of fun!  lol


Okay, here is my list of ten authors I REALLY want to meet (and yes, I know, some of them are dead lol) This list is in no particular order, by the way

1. Mike Carey - author of Lucifer, Hellblazer, and the Felix Castor series... he had me with Lucifer. I fell in love with those books, and am dying to meet the mind behind them.
















2. Chris T. Kat - she's not only my friend and co-author, but she's a wonderful author who's created some memorable characters. I love her perspective on people, and her willingness to go out on a limb to create characters who are not cookie-cutter stereotypes. She draws on your emotions and makes you feel for them, and with them.

3. PG Wodehouse - I absolutely love his sense of humor, I bet he'd be a blast to hang out with (if he were alive lol). I love everything I've ever read by him, but I'm especially fond of Jeeves and Wooster. You gotta admire a guy who lived with a name like Pelham Granville and used his initials, instead of tossing the whole thing lol

4. Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child - okay, technically, these are two authors, but I love the books
they write together as well as separately. They write the Pendergast series, which I am totally enamored of. These books are real page-turners, literally, and combine thrillers with science with mystery with.... a great wow factor!








5. Thomas Harris - he created Hannibal Lecter, of course I want to meet him! Such an awesome character. I should write someone half as good! Alas, I don't believe he likes to give interviews, so this is not likely to happen, but a girl can dream, right?

6. Geoffrey Zakarian - he writes cookbooks, don't judge me! The man is handsome and sexy and classy, and he can cook - he's perfect.
















7. Mae West - She wrote an autobiography, Goodness Had Nothing to do With It, plus she wrote a
play, Sextette, and she was beautiful and smart and brassy, and lived life on her terms. Heck yeah, I want to meet her!











8. Denise Wyant - another author friend of mine, she's bouncy and lively and full of fun, and I think we'd have a great time if we got to hang out!

9. Marian Lanouette - yet another author friend, whom I got to know when I was privileged to edit for her. Her books are great, and I love her characters, and she is a very classy lady who I'd love to meet.

10. Agatha Christie - the creator of Hercule Poirot? Of course, I'd want to meet her, I love her books, and I never get tired of them. I just imagine she has some stories to tell!


Those are the first ten I thought of, I'm sure there are more. What authors would you like to meet?

1 comment: